Monday, May 24, 2010

Awakening to New Beginnings...

Yesterday was an incredible day. A day for awakenings and new beginnings. I started the day at our home church North Metro. It was Pentecost Sunday - the Holy Spirit was among us. We saw over 170 people get baptized and begin anew. It was a spontaneous thing - planned to be spontaneous. We had the water ready, towels, dry clothes - we just needed the Holy Spirit to come and the people to move. Craig laid out the story - Jesus died so we can be restored to right relationship with God, Repent and be baptized. He took away all the excuses and provided the means - the people were awakened and lives are renewed. Husbands were baptizing wives, and wives baptizing husbands, parents baptizing children, whole families getting baptized together. I watched my husband baptize his 70 year old mother. It was the most beautiful time of worship!
I think it marks a new beginning for North Metro as a church. We have been in a state of transition for the last year. A page was turned yesterday, no more looking back on "the good ole days". Let's face forward and see where He leads. Let the Lord have his way among us. Blessing and honor to him alone!
I left that service and spent the afternoon playing real estate agent to our new pastor at NMC and his wife. We had a great time looking at houses and talking. I saw in them a new beginning for NMC. It was bittersweet to know we will be missing the next chapter here. I know God has a new beginning for us in Guate, but I am sad to miss what He's doing here in ATL. These thoughts remind me of a favorite passage in the Word -
"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." - Lamentations 3:22-24 (ESV)

Check out the video recap at:  Baptism Recap Video

No comments:

Post a Comment