Monday, June 7, 2010

The Beginning of Goodbyes

Today we had our last piano lesson with Ms. Thaila. Parker & Anna Kate have been playing with her for three years. She is an amazing, gifted teacher and musician. The thing I love most about her is that she cares about who my children are as much as she cares about teaching them piano. She has been a wonderful blessing in our lives and we will miss our weekly lessons.
This is the first in many goodbyes to come over the next few weeks. (I know it isn't goodbye forever, we will be coming home now and then, but it is goodbye to our life here in GA). As we begin to really leave our life here, it is a bittersweet experience. We are thrilled and excited about where we are going, but we are sad to leave our life in this place. I don't want life to continue here without us. I don't want to miss out on what is happening at our church and with all our friends. I don't want to miss the birth of our new niece/nephew. I feel as if I have come to the end of a really good book and I am not quite ready to say goodbye to the characters. I want there to be one more chapter - or a sequel.
Yet, I know that God is calling us onward. Moving on is not easy, but I want to be exactly where the Lord calls us to be. I want to follow him. He has a whole new book to write in our family story.  I want to finish this chapter well, savor each and every moment. When the we get to the last page, we will open the first chapter of the next book and see what God writes for the Radford family. Like I said - its a bittersweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment